Danbury Library presents: Saturday Crafternoons for ages 10+
*The event has already taken place on this date: Sat, 08/07/2021
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email email@example.com so we can update it immediately.
This is a Pre-Recorded Facebook Premiere Event.
Come join us online for some crafting fun, using easily accessible materials you probably already have at home! Great summer fun for kids 10+ Younger children are welcome, but may need an adult or teen to help.
Our sessions will cover:
7/10 DIY Shadow Puppets
- Supplies needed: toilet paper roll, tape (packing or wrapping or both), scissors, permanent marker, OR paper OR a small figurine, flashlight
7/17 Knit like a Viking! DIY Knitting Fork
- Supplies needed: toilet paper roll, scissors, yarn. (Optional; pen or pencil)
7/24 Milk Marbling. Make some beautiful, colored paper!
- Supplies needed: a flat tray ( a bread pan or cake pan will work), a little milk, food coloring, dish soap, a q-tip, and paper.
7/31 Make Marbled Paper with Shaving Cream
- Supplies needed: a pan, as above, shaving cream, a spatula, food coloring, a stick, wide comb or other tool for making patterns, a ruler or stiff piece of cardboard, some paper
8/7 DIY Ice Cream in a Bag
- Supplies needed: 2 Ziploc bags, one large and one small, half and half, vanilla, sugar, ice and salt.
Free! No need to register, just visit Danbury Library's Facebook page a few minutes before 2pm: https://www.facebook.com/danburylibrary
Please be advised that the Library makes no warranties and/or representations concerning the virtual programs. Your decision to participate in the programs is an express consent on your part to waive any and all claims against the Library which may result from said participation and hereby release and discharge the City of Danbury / Danbury Public Library from any and all liabilities.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.